~ two




In the dawn the streets have become solemn, a slight smoke from Mary's skin as she walks, businesses shut down, burned out, a few splattered with blood.
 
Eyes in their shadows a distance ahead a short scream as someone gets dragged in.  She pause ... draws her pistol and starts running to.  Points when she gets to.

Geneva - Leaning inside the wrecked bodega after having thrown herself in.  "So you do still have a social instinct."

Mary - "And here you are teaching me why that's a bad idea.  The streets are a shit-hole."  She extends a hand to help Geneva up, taken.  Pulling her up, "You want something.  They say to take everything your kind does as symbolic."

Geneva - "People say such things ?"

Mary - "People say many things.  So how much ?"

Geneva - "Amnesty."

Mary - "Wasn't asking.  All these people will have it, when you find the first progenitor.  And when you kill him.  Not me.  That's what you want and the answer's no."  She turns away.

Geneva - "Do you know who it is ?  Where it is ?"  She draws on Mary's back.

...

Mary - "I know why you killed your partner.  I know it wasn't to be human again, it was to be human, never again.  So she had to die.  Now do your fucking job." 

She walks, the song returns, Geneva lets her go.


~ The song returns to the horror in the streets ~


Nunya - "She's right you know.  It's why you can't let me go."

Geneva - Looks to the ghost, "It's you can't let me go because you need to atone."

Nunya - "Ha !  Atone for what.  Being honest to what I was ?  I'm here to teach you to be human again, and then we both get our souls back."

Geneva - "See it as you will ghost, it all leads to you helping me get this job done.  So just tell me who the progenitor is."

Nunya - "I can't tell you anything you don't already know Agent Geneva and by the way, the devil says hi back."
____________

Mary (XO vers,) - "The next step is logical."

Michael - "Whatever it is, she can't do it alone."

Mary - "Doesn't matter, she'll get it done, and she knows that."

Samael - "So why doesn't she just come to us ?"

...

Mary - "She knows she doesn't have to."

Raphael - "Do we care ?"

They look at him to stare.

Raphael - "I mean sure ... yeah ... 'the vampires' ... there's that.  But that the Geneva was dispatched, means they're calling that plan in.  It's over."

Michael - "Or they're setting her up."
 
Raphael - "Sure thing.  But isn't that between the virgin and the geneva ?  I mean this world ... it's not right we know that.  How do we know ... I mean who we are, what this all means, you know it's all wrong.  We all do."

"And if it's right, maybe we should stay out of it and just trust its course.  I do believe the Geneva will get it done.

Anael - "It's a trap. ... It's a trap ! ... If we're talking about people who purposely spread this disease, for crowd control or crown control, we are exactly the kind of rabbits they're looking to stew."

Michael - "That's ... an extremely valid point."

Tzadkiel - "Look at you."

...

They turn to glare.

Tzadkiel - "You know what must be done and here you are finding reasons away from it.  Merciless cowards I walk alone again.  Follow if you will."  
 
He disappears in a blur.

Micheal - "Jesus that guy."

Mary - Walking in from the other room with a half knitted ugly-scarf, "He's been gone for days and I swear to God I have the stupidest superpower ever."

Micheal - "Kinda."

The rest - "Hm.  Yeah."  The nods.

Mary - "Yeah.  Well I also made burgers.  I'm perfecting burgers.  The cars are all packed, everyone's got their faves on hand with plenty of ammunition so ... does anyone know where we're going ?"

Tzadkiel - Clears his throat behind them, "No."
____________

Bonnie - Dancing with Clyde, city on fire out the window.  "And then when they send a Geneva to end it all, the survivors are left either grateful, or repentant.  But she will absolutely need your help ~

"Time to be the hero."

Clyde - "My love, you are brilliant.  It's exactly what they'll do, and exactly the outcome we want.  You are ... perfection."  He presents a ring and kneels ~
 
"Will you marry me ?"

... 

She burst into joyous tears.


~ "Marry ?" ~





Back out the window as the world burns beneath their dance.