~ two

Formalda - "I no longer require the benefits ... of this disease."

Nunya - Heart breaking, she draws back in her chair.  "Disease."
__

Alley - "They'll kill you."

Mary - "No they won't."

Alley - "Why."

Mary - "Death is a decision."

...

Alley - A laugh, "That simple."

Mary - "That it is my love ... that simple."

Alley - "Love."

Mary - "Admiration.  You're a survivor."

Alley - Incredulous, "Do you even know what that word means these days ?"

Mary - "Same thing it always did, to us."

Alley - "Who was your first ?"

Mary - "I've never been with a man."

Alley - "I meant kill."

...

Alley - "I'm sorry."

Mary - "I'm going to kill yours too.  How do you feel about that ?"

Alley - Pff.  "Am I allowed to feel something about it ?"  Drinks.  Slams down the glass.  "I mean, we don't 'feel things'.  My whole life, is about not, feeling things.  

"I ... feelings ... you know I mean ... the second.  The very fucking second.  That Anyone allows themselves to feel Anything ... you just can't."

Mary - "Why ?"

Alley - "Why are you doing this ?"  Nearly in tears, "It's like you're sitting there so cold.  Dissecting me."

Mary - After a stare, "True.  Are you going to betray me ?"

Alley - "Doesn't everybody ?"

...

Alley - "I can see you too Marylin, you have no idea how psychologically astute we have to be to survive to forty."

Mary - "Don't ... don't call me that."

Alley - "Why ?"

...

Alley - "What do you want from me ?"

Mary - "I'm going to kill them all you know."

Alley - "Good.  Why don't you like to be called Marylin ?"

Mary - "No."

Alley - Smiles, "Okay.  So let's talk about love."

Mary - "What the hell is wrong with you ?"

Alley - Laughs and drinks, "I don't know !  I think I might be a lesbian for you."

Mary - "I'm totally getting you drunk tonight."

Alley - "I know !  You're so transparent I love you.  My god it's like of all the fucking people in the world and here you are.  Sitting there.  An impossible fucking person, making complete fucking sense.  I fucking adore you."
__

Formalda - "How old are you ?"

Nunya - "Old enough to know my last day alive."
__

Alley - Now crying, "You're the only truly interesting to ever happen to me and if you're just gonna be gone forever I'd rather right right now I'm bored and I'm lifeless.  Already dead."

Mary - "That's drunk love."

Alley - "I know !"  Laughs, slams another before Mary drags her off laughing and out the door.
__

Formalda - Watching them leave ... "I'm so sorry," she smiles sadly, " 'Nunya B. Ness'.  I think I really did love you.  But I've learned what I needed to know and it's time to be myself again."

Nunya - A tear of her own ... "So who are you then ?  Gonna tell me first ?"

Formalda - "Tell the devil Geneva says hello."  A silenced shot.

Geneva stands and inhales her humanity as though she'd just become one, looks around seeing them unnoticed among the drunks, still holding her gun out, pulls her jacket aside for the line of magazines on the belt.




Alley wakes slowly in her bed still in the night, checks, her clothes still on.  She early gags reaching for her mouth, finding she wears some cheap plastic fangs.  

She bursts out laughing and crying.

~ Meanwhile, remembering a conversation while watching from the hill with binoculars and a rocket launcher happens a lot when you do things like that ~

Mary - "My biggest disappointment ?  Not being able to fly."

~ watching the people through the windows, mom talks on her phone in secrecy while dad yells into his with a fine end to another business day.

Alley - Laughs, "Seriously ?  You thought you could fly !?"

Mary - "I was a kid !  And the guy said I would but I think he might have been talking about the drugs he mixed it with."

~ Hanging up they ready for bed, in hidden disgust with the other.  In the other window, Alley undresses, curtains wide.  Does a funny dance and laughs, hand on the window then turns away, lights out.

Alley - "He didn't bite ?"

Mary - "He had no teeth !  A literal fucking dealer, in immortality."

~ Mom and Dad crawl in either side, backs facing as far across the bed as can be, the lights go out.

Alley - "But ... you mean like ... fly fly.  I'm sorry but that's insane."

~ She launches the rocket.

(0:54) She puts on her goggles and grins, slowly rising ... the glare of the rocket-pack passes, and upward to the sky (credits begin).

Geneva opens fire in terms of putting down a potential infection and its witnesses, ending as the old pub burns, armed soldiers in black shooting down any who flee.


~ voiced over in static after the credits ~


Gabrielle - "So twist the sheet and tie the knot, you've lived a life in death's own lot.  You came for fire and learned to burn, you brought desire dressed up in a fern, and all for that for which you yearn, the secrets I know not secretly, which you ...

"Can never fucking tell.  
 
"Welcome to Hell."  
 
The sound of a hang up and giggles like two kids playing pranks.
 
Gabrielle - "You mean like that ?"

Raphael - "Absolutely perfect."