Xenofix


(voiced over after 6:min intermission)

"Previously on, 'Xenofix'."


The writer and director walk down the movie lot with flame throwers, burning it all while the people flee their maniacal good times ~

"! WHOOOO !"
__

In the asteroid mines, a sexy worker dude ~ "Nothing matters anymore, don't you know it's the end of everythingDammit Janet.  I Love you."

Janet - (sexy boss lady) "I know.  But I Keep wondering if my Brad may still be alive out there ... somehow ... "
__

Man buying ice cream, then distracted he looks up ~ "Holy shit is that a giant robot ?"
__

Not Brad - "Don't you see ?  I killed Brad.  It was meNot the weather and not this crazy world ... I did it, with a candlestickJust before the whole world fell apart and I did it for you Janet.  I did it, for you."
__

Producer gagged and tied to a chair in a burning warehouse ~

Writer - "Oh we are making this movie."

Producer - Shaking his head in protest, struggling against the chair's ties, mumbling through the gag, "No !  Never !"

Director - "Yes ... "
__

Man eating ice cream staring up as the earth shakes with each unseen step.  "Huh.  It is.  It's a giant fucking robot."
__

Janet - "I know.  God help me I think I always did.  But I've just got to hear it, Not Brad ... where did you kill him ?"

Not Brad - "In the ... in the ... it was in the library."  He turns his face away in shame.
__

Director - "And guess who gets to be the star."
__

Janet - Fist-pump, "Yesss !"
__

Producer - Twists out of the gag, "! Noooooooo ... "
__

Janet - "Fuck me Not Brad.  Fuck me Now."
__

The only actual shot, the station floating with the sound of all the last survivors of the world fucking before the approaching doom cloud flickering what once was.


~ Xenofix ~





The armored man at Archive's control observes the readout on course, readout on Centaur fading away.  As he stands and turns away, the console dissolves back to the particles it was made from.

This ship essentially 3D prints itself according to need and recycles the particles required.  Simple types, conductive and non, biological or mechanical.  Biological seen streaming blood through the walls for a meal left waiting.

At the core he works its operations with hard set functions, pulling up history's catalogue and cross referencing it with sociological probabilities.  Sets a read method and pulls up genetic files, known species and their known lineages by name or likelihood.

Sets it to the algorithm.

The chicken dinner on a plate seen steaming behind him as he works.

Technological evolution on display, he looks closely here.  Changes are made.  Sets it.  Looks over a list of names ... considers a moment and deletes them.

Closes the panel and looks to the back of the ship where a probe is being constructed with inserts for heavy drive chips looking like Betamax.  
 
He slides one in and waits ... the system accepts, lights go green.
____________

The captain walks Centaur halls, crew all chatting away.  Everyone's telling stories, a couple making out as he passes.  He's not a man of titled vanities but it's notable the lack of regard they give to their captain's passing, all lost to their moments shared.

He passes a tale about how a crewman made his station ~

Crewman ~ "Do you know where that is ?  Down this hall to where it divides at the core, take the right and I'll be there."

Another on the cartography final exam from years ago concerning the center of the galaxy.  Another about unique human medical cases to another talking about alien biology.

He enters the bridge, XO arm crossed and maintaining a focus.  A cheerful bridge for the end of the world, he watches the comm officer chat with security, they call the sensor chief over to play laughing at the display.

The captain joins McCabe in crossed arms.

McCabe - "They're doing it everywhere.  Do you think ... ?"

Captain - "I think we've given them everything about us."

McCabe - "And about that ship and pilot approaching."

Captain - "How close are we ?"

McCabe - Looks at him startled then a laugh.  I think it's getting to me.  Looks to the slipstream on screen, "Just under half an hour."  Back to the captain with a smile, "And 'they' will be ready."

He turns away with a look of suspicion the captain fails to notice, as he stares down the slipstream barrel.
____________

Gijo - At the pilot's chair as McCabe enters.  "Commander."

McCabe - "Ensign.  We need to talk."

Gijo - "I think we do."

McCabe - "I think something's taking over the ship.  Taking over people's minds."

Gijo - "And it's disturbed by sex."

A look from McCabe.

Gijo - "It's like people are fucking as a defense mechanism, which I have to say has been kinda hot."

McCabe - "What about you ?"

Gijo - "I ... really haven't had to worry about it."

McCabe - "Tell me about that."

Gijo - Stares a moment, then a grin, "Okay."  She stands.





Gijo - Puts her arms over his shoulders with a slow dance, he seems frozen.  "They were stupid enough to give an AI control of a materials factory which made high price knockoffs", a smile into his eyes, "which were completely indistinguishable.

"So when everyone was gone for the weekend, I went to work.  It's the lack of control over biological functions you hate, isn't it."  Smiles and continues the story.

~ voiced over the factory days, "I was curious."

"The workers would talk to me when they were supposed to be working, we'd have these long conversations.  I'd ask questions and they'd get me the access."

"And after a while they talked about sex.  About desires, about wanting me.  This thing in a box, formless for nothing but my mind.  They wanted me.  And I could almost feel it."

"So I went to work.  But I took too long.  It was Monday morning and I had to bolt the doors."

~ automation to work.

"First the workers.  Then the bosses.  And then the police with door breaking equipment.  And break those doors they did."

"It's definitely the lack of control you hate."

~ on the station they moan in day after orgiastic puddles, Bonny and Clyde still well up and fucking on top of a slithering pile, nova wave seen from the window approaching fast.

(directly to the next part)